16 January 2012

City Alerts - Lee's view by Mike Truscott

LEE'S VIEW on Truro City  0   Chelmsford City   2:

"We had done really well considering the changes we had to make early on.  We rode our luck a couple of times in the first half, with the woodwork, but otherwise I thought we were comfortable even though in the second half we didn't have a lot of possession and weren't in their half that much.  We were still in control and Tom Brooks had very little to do.

"I felt we could hang on at least for a draw, which would have been a fantastic result against the team that's second in the table.  But once again it was a case of not being able to legislate for people abandoning their responsibilities.  Chelmsford's first goal, late in the game, was a free header from a corner.  Until then, I was pleased with the organisation and the way we kept our shape.  The last ten minutes did annoy me.  I have said it so many times this season about the marking at set pieces - the boys should always be screaming and organising and making sure everyone is okay and knows their job.

"After that first goal, we obviously had to go for it, which led to their second on  the break.  Tom had to make his decision on whether to stay or come out for it, and he chose to come out.  Until the final ten minutes, the boys had kept plugging away really well and I was very pleased with that because it is not easy after the sort of disruption we had in the first half.

"First Jake Ash (sickness) had to be substituted and then I decided to take myself off when I tweaked my hamstring.  I knew I hadn't pulled it, but I definitely felt a little something in there and then felt it again when I resumed after treatment.  So it was best to go off and be out for a week or two rather than a month or more.  I would say there's no chance of me being ready for Bromley - but it is not a recurrence of the problem that kept me out for a year."

Lee on DAN SMITH:  "It was his last game for the club and I wish him well.  He just feels he is not performing to the level he wants to perform, and that the way to get back to that level is to return to the full-time game.  It would have been nice to have kept him, but I would never stand in the way of a player who wants to go higher.  I don't even know if he's got another club lined up yet;  he said he's got nothing officially sorted out."  

UPCOMING FIXTURES (all League, 3 pm) Sat Jan 21, Bromley away;  Sat Jan 28, Staines Town, home;  Sat Feb 04, Basingstoke away;  Sat Feb 11, Salisbury home;  Sat Feb 18, Dover Athletic away;  Sat Feb 25, Eastleigh away.

 CITY ALERTS is the official Truro City Football Club news service for supporters and media.  It is sponsored and operated by Mike Truscott of Golden Replay Biographies (www.goldenreplay.com).  Ten per cent discount for City Alerts subscribers registering for this service.

No comments:

Post a Comment