Chairman- Tim Mitchell
Vice Chair - JP Creba
Secretary- Simon Birch
Treasurer- Dave Rowarth
Social Secretary - Thomas Birch
Travel Secretary- Paul Condon
General Member - Colin Carter
General Member- Ray Jennings
Honorary President- Brian Thompson
Truro Independent Supporters Association (TISA) - Constitution
(Mission Statement – “Support of the Team, Support of Ourselves”)
The association shall be called Truro Independent Supporters Association, hereinafter referred to as TISA.
2.1 – To enable supporters of Truro City FC to have an independent voice on all things relating to TCFC.
2.2 - To provide members with affordable travel to TCFC away fixtures.
2.3 - 2.4 - To organise social events for the benefit of TISA members.
2.5 - To raise funds for Cornish and National Charities.
3.1 - Membership of TISA is gained when the membership policy (Appendix A) has been successfully followed.
3.2 - All TISA members are entitled to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
3.3 - All TISA members are entitled to stand for election to serve on the TISA committee, providing they give a notice period (as determined by the TISA Secretary) ahead of the AGM of their intention to stand. Notice of intention to stand should be made to the Secretary in writing, by post, via e-mail or Text (SMS) message.
3.4 - Any TISA or TISA branch member whose conduct is considered detrimental to TISA or its reputation, or who conducts themselves in a manner considered unacceptable by the majority of the committee, may have their membership terminated or suspended if voted by the majority of the committee. In the event of an equal vote, the chairman shall have the casting vote.
4. THE TISA COMMITTEE
4.1 - The TISA committee shall be made up of no less than four and no more than Ten TISA members.
4.2 - On an annual basis, and at the AGM, either four or one half (whichever is the lower) of the committee seats will, as a minimum, become available for re-election.
4.3 - Candidates for the role of TISA chairman must be TISA committee members, with a minimum of twelve months' continuous service, a satisfactory attendance record, and not subject to any TISA restrictions.
4.4 - The chairman will be elected by the full membership at the AGM.
4.5 - In the event of a tied vote involving the previous year's chairman, the previous year’s chairman will prevail and serve for the next year.
4.6 - Where more than one candidate contests the role of chairman, with none having served in that role before, and a tied vote occurs, then the chairmanship for the coming year will be decided by the casting vote of the outgoing chairman, should they still hold a position. Should this not be the case, the casting vote will be made by one of the other existing honorary officers, in order of precedence: vice chairman, secretary, treasurer. Should the election still be unresolved, the chairman will be elected by the drawing of lots.
4.7 - The committee will also elect a vice chairman, secretary and treasurer using the same voting procedure as that for chairman but without the 12 month serving restriction.
4.8 - Any serving committee member whose conduct is considered detrimental to the TISA or its reputation, or who conducts themselves in a manner considered unacceptable by the majority of the committee, may be forced to relinquish their position if voted by the majority of the committee. In the event of an equal vote, the chairman shall have the casting vote.
4.9 - Should committee members be unable to attend any meeting, they must give their apologies in advance to the secretary. In the event of a committee member failing to attend two out of three consecutive committee meetings, without satisfactory reason, the committee will consider removing the committee member from the committee.
4.10 - If the post of any committee member should fall vacant during a term, the committee shall have the power to fill the vacancy, subject to a majority vote, until the next AGM.
4.9 - The TISA committee will meet at least twice during the year and the meetings will be minuted by the secretary, or other committee member.
4.10 - Each meeting of the TISA committee must be attended by a quorum of in excess of 50% of the committee members.
5. TISA COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES
The TISA committee will
5.1 - Provide support, advice and represent alongside, if requested, any member involved in disciplinary procedures instigated by TCFC.
5.2 - Make all best efforts, using all available media, to collect the views of the majority of the membership.
5.3 - Represent the interests of the membership in all aspects of attending games, both at home and away.
5.4 - Organise events to encourage the positive social aspects of TISA membership.
6. TISA BRANCH STRUCTURE & POLICY
6.1 – Any branch of TISA must be formulated and conducted in accordance with the “Conditions of Branch Association” (Appendix B).
7. GENERAL MEETINGS
7.1 - At least 21 days’ notice shall be given of the TISA AGM, which will be held in July each year.
7.2 - The AGM will receive from the Treasurer the annual report and accounts.
7.3 - An Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) may be called upon the request of 25% of the members. Notice of the intention to hold an EGM and the reason should be served on the secretary in writing or by email. The EGM must be held no later than 21 days following receipt of this notice.
7.4 - The chairman of the committee shall hold both a deliberative and a casting vote at any TISA meeting.
7.5 - Any change to the TISA constitution shall require a two thirds majority acceptance vote of those members present at the vote.
7.6 - Any proposal to change the constitution must be submitted in writing to the secretary within seven days of the announcement of the AGM. The secretary must then publicise the proposal(s) in the remaining fourteen day period, allowing these to be submitted for discussion and vote at the AGM.
The TISA is a non-profit making organisation. No profit or surplus will be distributed other than to another non- profit making body on a winding-up or dissolution of the TISA.
Appendix A - TISA and Branch Membership Policy
1. TISA and all its branches shall share the same membership form, policy and process. All new applicants and members who wish to renew but have not previously submitted the approved TISA membership application form, will be required to complete a form and submit it for consideration of the main TISA committee. NON-Cornwall based applicants will be given the option (not mandatory) to select membership of the appropriate branch by ticking the relevant box.
2. All renewing members (who have previously had application forms approved by TISA main Committee) shall pay the agreed membership fee with 30 days of the date of the last AGM or they will be required to submit a fresh application which will require approval of the main TISA Committee.
3. The main TISA Committee shall consider each application which must be approved by a simple majority of Committee members. If the successful applicant has selected the option to join a branch then that branch will be given the approved membership form and will be responsible for collecting the membership subscription from their new member for their branch funds.
4. Applicants who are refused shall have right of appeal in writing to the committee who shall consider the appeal and make a final decision.
5. Any individual who has not complied with the above process cannot be considered as a member of TISA or any of its branches.
Appendix B - Conditions of Branch Association
Any existing branch or proposed new branch of TISA shall be required to:
1. Submit their proposals for formation of new branch to the main TISA Committee who will, if approved, make a proposal to the next AGM to accept the new branches formation.
2. Agree to accept the TISA membership policy and follow the agreed membership process.
3. Hold elections within Three months of the date of the last AGM, to a branch sub-committee. The minutes of this meeting, or a report on the election process must be submitted to the main TISA Committee immediately on completion.
4. Agree to be autonomous only in such matters that impact only on members of that branch. All other matters must be referred to the main TISA Committee.
5. Not reproduce in any form or media, the TISA crest, in part or full image without the express permission of the main TISA Secretary.
6. Comply with all decisions of the main TISA Committee or proposals as agreed at a full general meeting of TISA members.
7. Provide to the main TISA Committee on request and to the AGM a detailed report on the financial accounts of the branch.
8. Branch Chairman to become member of the main TISA Committee and attend meetings as scheduled or nominate a branch delegate with delegated authority.
9. Comply with all relevant legislation. Particular attention should be paid to the Equalities Act 2010, the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988
Note: Any branch deemed by the main TISA Committee to be in breach of any of the above conditions of association may (on the decision of that Committee) be disassociated from TISA and in such circumstances all of the members of that branch would automatically transfer to TISA main group. In the event that this action is taken, a full Committee report shall be made to a full meeting of general members.
Appendix C - TISA Members Code of Conduct
The following code of conduct applies to all members of TISA and its branches and is a condition of membership.
TISA recognises that its members are passionate about Truro City Football Club and wish to be vociferous in demonstrating that support with singing and chanting in such a way that it promotes and provides a positive atmospheric environment for other fans and players of the club. TISA firmly believes that demonstrating support in this way is welcomed by and beneficial to the Truro City players and contributes towards a positive result on the pitch.
TISA recognises it must not negate other supporter’s enjoyment of the game and therefore the following are rules of membership:
TISA Members Shall Not:
• Use racist, homophobic or religiously offensive language;
• Display any racist or otherwise obscene emblems or banners;
• Threateningly use foul, abusive or insulting language or gestures;
• Throw missiles;
• Enter the pitch area without permission of the appropriate authorities;
• Behave in a manner likely to jeopardise the safety and enjoyment of others;
TISA Members Should:
• Follow directions and instructions given by stewards and club officials;
• Report breaches of our code to the TISA Secretary or other TISA committee member;
• Report breaches of our code which by their nature present a danger to others, immediately to a steward or club official;
• Support Truro City Football Team loudly and proudly and in a manner that offends no-one!
Note: TISA recognises the right of TCFC to have in place its own enforceable ‘Ground Regulations’ and whilst breach of such regulations may also result in a breach of this code and (visa versa), this shall not be presumed.
General Rule of Membership:
That members should:
• Act in a manner which does not conflict with the treasured independent status of TISA
• Contribute to the TISA mission – ‘Support of the Team, Support of Ourselves’
• Contribute, financially and by participation in fundraising events for TISA and its nominated charities currently Cornwall Hospice Care
Procedure to be followed on Report of any Breach:
Properly reported breaches of our code shall be investigated and considered by a full meeting of the TISA committee or sub-committee as appropriate.
The member concerned shall be permitted to make their own statement either in writing and/or in person to the committee.
The Committee may require the member concerned to attend a meeting in person to answer questions pertaining to the alleged offence.
Should no submission be made either in writing or in person by the member concerned then the Committee reserves the right to determine the outcome of the case in such absence.
The decision of the Committee is final subject to an appeals procedure (to be agreed)
In circumstances where an offence is considered by the committee to be proved and where no appeal has been made and upheld, one or more of the following sanctions may be applied to the offending member:
• Suspension or withdrawal of TISA membership (no refund of membership fees)
• Stood down as Committee member until next AGM (If the offender is a Committee member)
• Ban from any TISA organised travel to away games
• Recommendation to TCFC that member be banned from attending future matches
• Notification to Police or other authorities (serious breach of code)